Close Menu
Enrolment Procedures

Enrolling in King's Park Secondary

Pupils transferring from Primary 7 in one of our partner primary schools will receive information from the primary school.  Transfer is automatic when children live in the catchment areas of:  Croftfoot Primary School; King's Park Primary School; Mount Florida Primary School; and Toryglen Primary School

It will be necessary for a parent to make a placing request if:

  • the child lives outwith the King's Park Secondary catchment area;
  • the child attends one of our partner primary schools but does not live in its catchment area.

To make a placing request of your choice to a mainstream school, you are required to submit a placing request application form, placing requests Guidance notes are available to assist you with the completion.

Our online facility is under development and is only available at present for mainstream schools, should you wish to make an application to an ASL School or Additional Support Needs provision, please use the Placing Request postal application form.

Please note that you are required to submit a separate placing request application form for each school you are applying to and a separate placing request form is required for each child.

After you have submitted your Placing Request you will receive an automated response email confirming receipt of your application. If you do not receive that response please contact to ensure that the application has been received.

Please note that documentary evidence is required to be submitted at the time of your application.  If you do not supply this evidence, then the next applicable criteria on the form will be used to prioritise the spaces available. Copies of documentary evidence can be posted to the address below or scanned and emailed to the aforementioned email address clearly identifying the school that you are making the application to and also stating your child's name.

If you choose not to submit an online Placing Request, download the PDF Placing Request Postal Application Form. Forms are also available from your local school office. 

Your completed application form should then be posted along with any relevant documentary evidence to:

Glasgow City Council


Commonwealth House

32 Albion Street


G1 1LH

Placing Request forms should not be handed in to your local school office. Parents/Carers are responsible for ensuring application forms are posted to the Area Support Team as detailed above. An acknowledgement letter will be posted within 5 working days. If you do not receive anything please contact the Area Support team on the aforementioned contact details, to ensure that the application has been received.

Link for guidance on Placing requests.

Placing Requests - Glasgow City Council